Become a candidate
Why enter? Because you can…
- Gain valuable experience and develop life skills (e.g. interview skills, public speaking, interpersonal communication, social interaction, etc.)
- Earn quality scholarship funds for college and graduate school, regardless of whether a title is won
- Find new interests and discover new opportunities
- Make lifelong friendships and relationships
- Learn to set goals, follow them through and exceed your expectations
- Develop a sense of responsibility for helping others
- Foster a positive, self-motivated mindset to achieve your goals
- Receive recognition for your efforts in bettering yourself and your community
Become a Candidate Today!
Simply click the links for more information
Competitions through March 14, 2020. For Candidates wishing to compete in a traditional local competition in order to win a local title and advance to Miss California 2020.
Up to 12 titles awarded!
The LAST local competition of the season for Miss Candidates wanting to compete at Miss California 2020.
Miss Candidates who competed yet did not win a local title this season will compete in the SWEEPS portion of this competition. Those who do not win a sweeps title, will automatically advance to the Extrav portion of the competition.
Candidates who were never eligible to enter a local competition during the current season (current season is July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.) may enter X-TRAV directly. Examples would be titleholders under contract to another local competition until there was no opportunity to compete, and candidates whose eligibility to compete in California was established too late for other competitions.
Where to start? To become a candidate, you must:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 25
- Be a United States citizen
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain city or state
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local, state and national competition(s) in which you compete